Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Coincidence? I think not!

I was preparing to speak at a MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group last week. I had the privilege of speaking about our well-drilling opportunities in Tanzania, and talk about my adoption process. How we were called to adopt is a great story. We hit some bumps in the road but after I shed some tears and feel sorry for myself, I look to the Bible for some comfort. I mean it has been a long unknown wait. I told the young moms to 'plunge' (their years theme) into God's word and I must say this is where I draw strength. I also told them to 'plunge' into the unknown and was reminded of a story from the Bible in Acts 10 but also retold in the book called, Wide Awake, by Erwin McManus. Two men, Cornelius and Peter, from different backgrounds and not interested in one another and highly unlikely to ever meet up. But God orchestrated a great meeting for the two to come together and why? For God's glory. For Him to get the credit. I used this story at MOPS to illustrate how we limit our vision. I quoted McManus and said,'God isn't simply trying to inspire you but call you to a more heroic life'. It's such a cool story, I urge you to read it. The day after , I looked up my daily devotion that was called In Motion and it was based on Acts 10. I start out reading, 'there are no coincidences in life. I work in unexpected ways to set just the right people in positions where they can do the greatest good.'
I started reading it for me. It reaffirmed the whole timing of my adoption. It is not in vain. The fact that I have a friend I met 23 years ago in Texas, living in Ethiopia now, minutes from my daughter is not a coincidence. If I were to say,'How lucky am I' who would get all the credit? Acts 10:22 says,'Cornelius...was divinely directed by a holy angel to call you to his house and to hear a message from you.' The devotion ends with saying,'I've already set in motion to bring about a good result.' I believe this with all my heart.
I haven't quoted a song in a while and these days I'm loving Mark Schultz song, All Things Possible.
I know mountains can move
I've seen what You can do
In my weakness
So my heart will believe
If I wait I will see
My God doing, what only He can do

And when that song comes on the radio it's never a coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment