Thursday, January 12, 2012

Inching Forward

I'm amazed at how a little bit of good news can change my attitude.  One minute I'm  grouchy at a slow driver on the road and then I'm praising God when I have a pleasant experience checking out of a store.  My children can make me angry as they rush out the door and leave the milk, cereal and bowl out for me to clean and then they come home with a smile and a story to share about school.  Does this happen to you?  Call it what you will (and don't say female mood swings) but I like it.  It's a swing between your will and God showing up in your life. 
I emailed an update on my adoption yesterday.  There are lots of confidential information that I can't blog about at this point so I keep family in the loop. We are told that some new guidelines that have been put in place have been pushed through for some cases.  Obviously not ours or you would hear about it.  Instead of being disappointed, God has taught me to thank Him in every situation and in every bit of news.  (be it good or bad) But we are inching forward.  Someone got good news about their case and that means one more child is closer to having a new, loving family.  My daughter is in God's care and I sleep at night with that assurance.  Not sure when I began to think this way.  I truly believe it's been a process.  A wise and older family member (that could be any of them because I am the youngest, remember?) told me that they have only gone to God with the 'big' things in life.  But only now, realizing that God enjoys and invites us to 'converse in all facets of life'.  I love this realization.  This is inching forward to a closer walk with God. I guess since I've made some big moves in life I've had to go to Him with every little thing.  Don't get me wrong, it doesn't come natural.  As we get older, life gets harder but hopefully we get wiser.  Wow, that's a whole other topic.  But not for today. 

If you will humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, in His good time He will lift you up. Let Him have ALL your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you. 1 Peter 5: 6-7 TLB
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment